1. Life does not depend on Facebook friends, Twitter and Instagram followers, and social media. In general, life does not solely revolve around popularity and the amount of attention (may it be positive or negative) you get from the people who barely know you.
2. You, your friends, and your family only have one life to live. Make every second of it worthwhile.
3. The world is not cruel, harsh, or unfair. Sometimes, it is the people in it who make life difficult for themselves or for each other, but we all have problems of our own to deal with. Maybe it would be better if we focused on our own battles rather than others’. The earlier we realize that, the better life will get.
4. You aren’t always going to say or do the right things and that’s okay. Sometimes life’s circumstances hinder us from saying or doing them, and that is not your fault. It is how you make up for it that matters.
5. Always be a good person to the people around you, no matter how badly they treat you. No, it is not because “karma will find its own way of getting back at them,” but just because being a good person is the best way to live your life.
6. Sometimes, being rebellious has its perks, too, but learn how to limit yourself only up to a certain extent.
7. It’s okay to be extremely happy to the point that it freaks out the people around you; it’s okay to be terribly devastated and upset to the point that it makes you think of scary thoughts. They are called emotions and they are proof that you are a living, breathing, and well human being. Be proud that you get to feel, even if it’s to an extreme amount. You can be surprised with the amount of people who have forgotten what that was once like.
8. Then again, it is also okay to feel nothing. There will be days wherein your mind will be too messed up and confused to compose proper thoughts and emotions, and that is okay. Just don’t let any of the horrible ones get to you and destroy you. It will go by.
9. Mistakes are called mistakes for a reason. They’re meant to be forgiven and learned from. Never hold someone’s mistake or past against them.
10. Looks are important. It’s sad, but we are all too far in it to try and change; it is already engraved in our heads that beauty will always come from the outside first. Still, it is the beauty of one’s soul and the goodness of one person that will prevail in the end. Do not make looks your only purpose in this world. Again, there are so many more valuable things in life to hold on to.
11. It is okay to feel jealous and envious, but do not under any circumstances feel the need to become a terrible person because of your selfish yearnings.
12. Stop whining. If you want something, go out and work hard for it. You’ll never achieve anything by complaining about wanting to have something and not actually do anything about it.
14. Talk less, listen more.
15. You don’t always have to look at the bigger picture. Sometimes the amount of little things in your life that make you blessed will surprise you. Just learn to be appreciative.
16. Wanting to surround yourself with a lot of people to keep yourself from over-thinking is alright, but don’t forget to give some time for yourself too.
17. Write. Read. Watch TV shows and movies. Sing. Play instruments. Travel. Eat. Then eat again. Then eat again. Play sports. Dance around. Dress up. Dress down. Be comfortable and enjoy life for what it is - a beautiful gift given to you.
18. Always try your best to be happy. You have your whole life ahead of you and you have to at least make 75% of it happy memories. If you cannot find a bright side in your situation, revel in your friends’ happiness. Their happiness is your happiness.